Peat Moss | 100L - Yates Hauraki Gold Peat
Peat Moss is 100% organic fibre as a naturally decayed fibre of the Sphagnum species of plants. It is a product from a reliable and sustainably managed harvesting practice here in NZ. One of the main uses is as a growing media and is on the rise all around the world because of its natural hygroscopic and soil conditioning qualities.
WCTNZ has chosen a supply and recommends the use of Hauraki Gold Peat Moss for its environmental safety and outstanding benefits to WCT systems. We have provided a mixing ratio for the composting system's range that is a recommended guide.
This, however, does not stop you from using COCO Peat in your composting system if it is believed it will work better.
PEAT MOSS DESCRIPTION
A compressed peat moss bale which works as a natural, organic soil conditioner & mulch. It breaks up heavy clay soils, improving drainage. It also adds body to light soils, retaining extra moisture and nutrients. Peat is a key ingredient when mixing your own potting mixes and will naturally lower the pH level of your soil.
PEAT MOSS FEATURES
- Nature's own organic food reservoir
- Ideal for preparing soil in flower and vegetable gardens, planting trees & shrubs, and enriching rose and ornamental beds
- Very high capacity to retain water
- A natural mulch, suppressing weeds and conserving water during dry spells
- Adding peat is an easy way to increase the acidity (pH) of soil for acid-loving plants
- Free of toxic substances, pests, diseases & weed seeds
- Compressed – expands to twice the volume
100% Peat Moss 100Litre Compressed bale
Perfect media for WCT systems,
- Ecolet 240 range up to 30% mix plus wood shavings (10mm sq)
- Ecolet NE range up to 50% mix plus wood shavings or sawdust
- CM2 & NL2 systems up to 50% mix plus wood shavings or sawdust
- Sun-Mar Range up to 20% mix plus special grade wood shavings
- Nature Loo Self Contained Systems up to 50% plus wood shavings
- Bambooloo or any (bucket system) 50%(Peat Moss)/50%(any fines) mix or as you prefer
Not for daily use CM8 - 40 range. Can be used as a starter bed in the removal-tray area to prevent the first few months of leaching.