Composting System Warranties
Composting Systems New Warranty
Upon installation of your composting systems the warranty card will need to be filled out and uploaded or mailed to Waterless Composting Toilets NZ Ltd.
- System warranty period starts from the date of shipment of goods.
In order to upload your warranty card, you will have to log in to your account and follow the links in the relevant product.
You may also mail the copy of the card to us at;
8a Woodruff Avenue
Date: ... / ... / ...
Waterless Composting Toilets NZ is to furnish new parts to a customer whose toilet fails within the allotted warranty period for the particular component, provided that our inspection shows that such failure is due to defective material or workmanship. Any part supplied is warranted for the balance of the original warranty period based on the respective manufacturer’s warranty (listed below).
- The warranty period for a part begins from the date the original product was dispatch (plus 5 day additional days for transportation).
Manufacture Composting Toilet Systems Warranty Period Details
Clivus Multrum Warranty Period:
- Any electrical component incl solar - 1 year
- Any rotomoulded component- 10 years
- Any fibreglass component - 3 year
- Toilet seats - 1 year
- Any other component - 1 year
Sun-Mar Warranty Period:
- Fibreglass component - 5 years
- Any other component - 3 years
Ecolet Warranty Period:
- ABS plastic – 3 Years
- Any other component – 1 Year
This warranty does not cover:
- Damage resulting from neglect, abuse, accident or alteration; or damage caused by fire, flood, acts of god or other causality.
- Damage resulting from the failure of the purchaser to follow normal installation and operating procedures outlined in the manual or in any other printed instructions supplied with the system.
- Labour and service charges incurred in the removal and replacement of any parts found defective under this warranty.
- Cost of delivery of replacement parts.
Full Definitions of Warranty
- Subject to clause 18(c), all goods supplied are covered by such warranty as is specified by the manufacturer and supplied subject to the product standards detailed by the manufacturer.
- The Buyer shall immediately notify the Seller in writing upon discovery of any defect in the goods. The Buyer shall not carry out any remedial work to alleged defective goods without first obtaining the written consent of the Seller.
- The only conditions and warranties which are binding on the Seller in respect of the state, quality of the goods supplied by it to the Buyer are those imposed and required to be binding by statute (including the Trade Practices Act 1974) and to the extent permitted thereby, the liability, if any, of the Seller arising from the breach of such conditions or warranties, shall at the Seller's option be limited to and completely discharged by:
- replacement of the goods with equivalent goods; or
- the repair of goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacement of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of repair of the goods provided that in all such cases any freight costs and costs of dismantling and re-assembly shall be borne by the Purchaser. All other conditions and warranties whether expressed or implied by law or otherwise in respect of the state, quality or condition of the goods which may apart from this clause be binding upon the Seller are hereby expressly excluded and negated
- The Buyer expressly acknowledges and agrees that it has not relied upon and the Seller is not liable for any advice given by the Seller, its agents or employees in relation to suitability for any purpose of goods or materials supplied by the Seller.
Liability of Seller
- Except as expressly provided herein and to the extent permitted by law:
- the Seller shall not be under any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise in respect of defects in goods delivered or for any injury, damage or loss resulting from such defects or from any work done in connection therewith except to the extent that any statute applicable to these Terms and Conditions expressly prevents the exclusions, restriction or modification of such terms and conditions
- the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss of profit howsoever arising nor shall the Seller be under any liability whether, in contract, tort or otherwise nor for any injury, damage or loss whether consequential or otherwise save as is expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions;
- the Buyer indemnifies the Seller against any liability to or action by a third party in respect of goods manufactured to the Buyer's specification;
- all goods are supplied in accordance with usual industry standards and the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for the condition or quality of goods which comply with these standards.
Alteration to Conditions
The Seller may at any time alter these Terms and Conditions at the point of Quotation or Sale.